The cultural mediation in Europe event ‘In Between’ will take place on November 30th in Seville
The event is a space for encounter and reflection on participatory processes and cultural mediation in Europe.
|Where?||Teatro Central de Sevilla|
|Address||C/ José de Gálvez, 6, 41092 Sevilla|
|Schedule||17.00 a 21.00hrs|
***To register for the event click here - Free access until full capacity ***
The initiative ‘In Between. Cultural mediation to nurture inclusive communities’, promoted by Concomitentes and ZEMOS98, will hold its first public event at the Teatro Central in Seville on November 30th from 5 to 9 p.m.
The conference, which seeks to promote the exchange of knowledge and strategies around artistic and cultural mediation in Europe, will hold this program:
17.00 – 17.15hrs – Inauguration:
- Maral Kekejian (Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union),
- Representative of the Junta de Andalucía.
- Lucía Casani, Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation
- Fran Quiroga, Concomitentes
- Felipe G. Gil, ZEMOS98
17.15 – 18.30hrs. Mediation overview. Through the ‘Mediation Overview’ section - the result of a public call - we intend to delve into the various ways of doing cultural and artistic participation and, at the same time, ask ourselves if there is a common pattern when it comes to mediation in the Spanish state.
- A Casa Vella (Ourense), Nuria Sotelo
- Banco de Proyectos Colaborativos / Tekeando (Seville), Macarena Madero
- Cancha Libre / Sala Rekalde (Bilbao), Inés García
- Conciencia Afro / Espacio Afro (Madrid), Moha Gerehou
- Platform BajoTeja (Ávila/Madrid), Claudia Sánchez
Moderated by: Flavia Introzzi (hablarenarte), representing MAR Platform.
18.30 – 19.30hrs - Round Table: Cultural Mediation as a Public Challenge. Porosity and inclusivity are ways of doing public institutions. Cultural mediation is a mechanism at the service of their openness, while facilitating dialogue with communities and becoming a tool for the mutual affectation of both the institution itself and the collectives with which it relates. The question guiding the roundtable is: Is the cultural institution open to porosity? What are its limits?
- Hugo Cruz, independent researcher (Portugal)
- Ministarstvo Prostora/Ministry of Space (Serbia), Iva Čukić
- Ormston House (Ireland), Caimin Walsh
- PLANEA, Art and School Network (Spain), Sofía Coca (ZEMOS98)
Moderated by: Fran Quiroga (Concomitentes)
19.30 – 20.00hrs - Break
20.00 – 21.00hrs - Audiovisual Source Code: Christian Flores. Introduces: Felipe G. Gil (ZEMOS98)
ASC is a format developed by ZEMOS98 that uses as a metaphor the code that makes up any computer system, adapting it to the field of culture.
We all have a cultural source code, a recipe that allows us to project and identify ourselves with the stories of other people or agents. It is not a projection, but it is not a lecture either. It is a hybrid format. It is a game.
The interventions will be in English and there will be simultaneous translation
This meeting, which pretend to position Spain as a reference in cultural and artistic mediation in Europe, is part of the programming of the ‘Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union’ and is supported by the Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation, as well as Acción Cultural Española (ACE).
CHECK OUT THE COMPLETE PROGRAM HERE.